Ask yourself these questions:
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work ?
- Are you often tired or lethargic ?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances ?
- Do you regularly suffer from muscle aches and pains ?
- Do you get recurrent headaches ?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings ?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities ?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of these questions, your body may be overburdened by toxicity.
What is Toxicity and why we need Detox :
Everyday, our body is bombarded by harsh toxins and chemicals from our surrounding environment. Chemicals, pesticides, hormones and other pollutants are found in all the processed foods we eat, and often in the water we drink and the air we breathe. Although our bodies do have some inbuilt means of expelling toxins, there are now so many different substances passing into our bodies that the toxic burden is proving too great for many to deal with properly. These harmful substances have accumulated to such an extent in many of us that chronic illnesses are proliferating at both the physical and mental levels.
Under natural circumstances, the body is able to eliminate many of these toxic substances safely provided that is getting proper nutrition in sufficient quantities and the organs of detoxification are functioning at optimal levels.
The four major detoxification organs in the body:
- Liver -- acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream
- Kidneys -- are constantly filtering your blood and getting rid of toxins in the form of urine
- Colon -- contains bacteria that produce both healthy and unhealthy chemicals. You want to keep your bowel movements regular since its main role is to flush out toxic chemicals before they can do you any harm
- Lungs -- are able to eliminate toxins that enter your body via breathing.
However, our natural detoxification organs sometimes do not function as well as they should. In these instances, it's important to address any underlying medical issues with a medical professional, rather than treating it with strict 'detox diets'.
Effective and Safe Detoxification :
Detoxification within our bodies is a complex process that requires several steps to be completed effectively.
A good starting point of a healthy detoxification program is to reduce the toxic load coming from your diet. Herbs and nutrients can also play a vital role in supporting your body’s key elimination systems.
Using a safe and effective step-by-step detoxification program can help to revitalise your health and wellbeing – so what are you waiting for ? Make an appointment today with Dr. Sandeep Kumar and Dr. Anupam Vasudeva who can help get you on the path to a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.